The immune system refers to specific cells within the body that are responsible for fighting infections or diseases that may try to attack the body. It is the body’s way of fighting off diseases and protecting itself against infections. However, due to aging among other factors, the body’s immune system weakens gradually over time. This has led to the search of solutions to boost the immune system in humans. One can boost the immune system in various ways. They range from artificial medications to natural methods. In most cases, people prefer the natural methods because they do not have any side effects and at the same time, they are easy to make. All the ingredients are also easily available and affordable. This is appropriate in the event that you want to make your own solution in the house.
It has been proven that changing your diet can effectively boost your immune system. Some foods are known to contain some ingredients that are essential in boosting the immune system. The immune system can weaken to the lifestyle and the food diet that you eat. Therefore, it is important for you to watch your diet carefully if you want to maintain a healthy immune system long into old age.
Common natural solutions to boost the immune system
• Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which are the active live cultures. These bacteria mechanisms work to protect the gut and the intestinal tract against any diseases that may want to attack. Research shows that, just 7-ounces of yogurt are as effective as immune boosting pills.
• Oats and barley: These grains contain beta glucan. This is a type of fiber that has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties in them. Animal studies show that, animal that have eaten these compounds, are less likely to contract influenza. When the same case scenario is applied to humans, the immune system seemed to respond positively. It was getting stronger and was able to protect the body against various diseases that may attack the body. Some patients appeared to be less likely to contract a certain disease as compared to others who did not take the same sample.
• Garlic: this is an onion that is known to contain allicin, which is an active ingredient. It is capable of fighting bacterial infections. The results of research done on human beings reveals that, people who took garlic were less likely to catch a cold as opposed to the ones who did not take garlic. Garlic also lowers the risk of contracting stomach and colorectal cancers.
• Tea: this is a simple beverage that is found in almost every household. It is taken by almost everyone for breakfast. Specifically, black tea contains an amino acid that helps in boosting the immune system in humans. The amino acid is known as L-theanine, which is found abundantly in black tea.
• Chicken soup: chicken soup contains an amino acid known as cysteine. This chemical compound is normally released during cooking of the chicken. The soup’s salty broth helps in keeping the mucus thin. When cooking the chicken, adding spices and garlic only increases the immune boosting capabilities of the chicken. Since the traditional setting, chicken soup has been used to treat colds.